Don't let neck pain diminish your quality of life and make you miss out on the activities you love. At Upchurch Chiropractic in Royal Oak, our upper cervical chiropractor can provide you with the neck pain treatment you need to get back to your normal self. Whether you need cervical traction or another technique, we will ensure you get the treatment you need.
Possible Causes of Neck Pain
You may want to know the possible causes of pain in your neck, as this will help you determine the best neck pain treatment. Here are some of the common causes.
- Poor posture - Many people sit at a desk all day or spend hours looking down at their phones or computers. This poor posture can lead to pain in the neck and shoulders.
- Whiplash - This is a common neck injury that occurs when the head is suddenly and violently thrown forward or backward. It can cause severe pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Degenerative disc disease - This is a condition in which the discs between the vertebrae wear down over time. It can lead to pain in the neck as well as numbness and weakness in the arms.
- Arthritis - When the joints in the neck become inflamed, it can cause pain. This is often seen in people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Nerve compression - When the nerves in the neck are compressed, it can cause pain. This is often seen in people with herniated discs or cervical stenosis.
These are just a few of the possible causes of neck pain. If you're experiencing any type of neck pain, see a chiropractor to determine the underlying cause and to get the neck pain treatment you need.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain Treatment
No treatment starts without first understanding the cause of your neck pain. That's why Dr. Upchurch will always start with a thorough examination. This will include taking your medical history, doing a physical examination, and possibly ordering x-rays or other imaging tests. Once the cause of your neck pain is determined, our chiropractor can develop a treatment plan.
One of the most common treatments for neck pain is cervical traction. This is a technique that uses gentle stretching to decompress the discs and joints in the neck. This can provide relief from pain, stiffness, and pressure on the nerves. Other treatments for neck pain may include chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, and electrical stimulation.
Visit Upchurch Chiropractic in Royal Oak, MI
Pain around your neck shouldn't be something you just have to live with. At Upchurch Chiropractic, we can provide you with the neck pain treatment you need to find relief. Call our team today at (248) 545-8550 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.