Cervical Pain Treatment with Our Chiropractor
The cervical spine is another term for the neck region. Pain in this region is prevalent and can lead to much suffering. In this guide from our team at Upchurch Chiropractic in Royal Oak, MI, you’ll learn where that pain might come from and how to address it.
What Causes Cervical Pain?
The cervical spine consists of seven vertebrae labeled C1 through C7. Between each lies a cushion of a gel-like substance meant to provide support and smooth movement. These cushions are known as discs. Additionally, the cervical spine comprises muscles, ligaments, nerves, and tendons. All of which play a role in your overall health and ability to move pain-free. Yet, many can impact each or all components in the neck.
- Cervical misalignment can lead to muscle tension and compressed nerves.
- Overuse injuries can impact the muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Injuries like whiplash lead to muscle injuries.
- Poor posture can put undue pressure on the discs and muscles.
- Cervical spondylosis, osteoarthritis, and degenerative disc disease play a role.
These are just a few examples of the causes of cervical pain. Sometimes, it might not start in the cervical spine but rather in the upper back.
What Type of Chiropractic Care is Available for Cervical Pain?
Treatment for cervical pain depends on the root cause of the issue. Our chiropractor will determine the best course of action, which will likely include one or several of the following methods.
- Chiropractic Adjustments - The neck and upper back manipulation can keep the vertebrae aligned, take pressure off the nerves and other soft tissues, relieve inflammation, and improve circulation.
- Therapeutic Massage - Massaging the neck, especially with adjustments, can help release tension and compression and improve circulation.
- Decompression Therapy - Decompression is a method through which the spine and neck can be gently stretched, relieving compression and tension.
- Laser Therapy - By using the power of light, the cells in the neck are stimulated to heal, leading to pain and tension relief.
Address Cervical Pain with Chiropractic Care
Our team at Upchurch Chiropractic is dedicated to providing natural and effective relief. Call us at (248) 545-8550 to schedule your appointment today. If you have further questions, speak to our chiropractor during your consultation. We will explain anything you require.